Manufacturer Maintenance Schedules
- Manufacturer Maintenance Schedules The manufacturer creates detailed maintenance schedules outlining specific operation to be performed on various components and systems. This is done at different mileage intervals to ensure proper operation and prevent premature warranty and extended warranty.
Why Preventative Maintenance?
Manufacturers know that a properly maintained car will be more dependable, safer, last longer, and increase your satisfaction with their product. Car makers and owners also have a responsibility to make sure emission controls receive regular service and are functioning properly. Regular maintenance helps accomplish these goals by keeping your engine running efficiently and eliminating potential problems that may leave you stranded.
What’s in it for you?
- A more dependable car.
- A car that retains the “new car feel”
- Less chance of a costly breakdown
- A safer car for you and your family
- Doing your part for cleaner air
- A car worth more at trade-in or sale
- An intact warranty
Alldata® Automotive Information System
Our Salt Lake auto repair service facility is equipped with an automotive information system that provides this detailed data. The Alldata® system even lists high-tech specialty lubricants required for your particular car. Other information includes vehicle specific repair and diagnostic information and factory-issued Technical Service Bulletins. The bottom line is, dependable and cost effective service for you.
- Transmission, Power Steering, and Cooling System Flushes
Conventional transmission service drains only a small portion of the old fluid. The large amount of old fluid remaining in the transmission can cause deposits to form on transmission components.This causes erratic shifting, malfunction or even transmission failure.
Using our highly effective transmission power flush and fluid exchange system, our Salt Lake City auto repair technician will:
- Install and circulate cleaning chemistry
- Pressure purge all used fluid and contaminants
- Install fresh fluid and conditioners
What are the benefits of having a transmission flush?
- Smoothes shifting
- Extends fluid life
- Conditions seals
- Prevents leaks and expensive repairs
Cooling System Flush
Why should you have a cooling system flush done?
Because when additives that protect the cooling system have been depleted or contaminated, severe corrosion can result, leading to very costly repairs.
One of our specialty trained Salt Lake City car repair technicians operating a state-of-the-art machine will:
- Power flush your car’s entire cooling system
- Remove rust, scale and sludge
- Recycle coolant and restore necessary additives
This service helps protect the environment by eliminating damaging hazardous waste . . . and it saves you money!
- Timing Belt Replacement. What is a timing belt? Timing belts have replaced timing chains on many of today’s engines. Both belts and chains ensure that the crankshaft, pistons and valves operate together in proper sequence. Belts are lighter , quieter and more efficient that chains. Why replace the belt? Like other components, timing belts wear out. Proper maintenance requires belt replacement at regular intervals – before they break. Where are belts located? Timing belts are on the front of the engine protected by a plastic or metal cover.
When should belts be replaced?
When a timing belt breaks, the engine stops. Replace belts before this occurs. Most manufacturers provide a suggested service life and replacement schedule for this critical component.
How do I know if my car has one?
Your vehicle manual may tell you, but you should ask your SLC auto repair technician – he will know for sure.
What is a “free-running” engine?
If the timing belt breaks on a free-running engine, the engine stops and you will need a tow to the repair shop. No mechanical damage occurs and the installation of a new belt is usually all that is needed to get you on your way.
What is an “interference” engine?
If the timing belt breaks on an interference engine, mechanical damage occurs. It most commonly involves open valves being struck by pistons, resulting in the need for expensive repairs. In extreme cases, a replacement engine may be required.
- Emission Failure Repairs, Electronic Engine Diagnosis, Driveability Problems, Check Engine Lights
- Air Conditioning Service, Repair and Retrofitting Our air conditioning service will:
- Produce quieter operation
- Reduce wear
- Save money in costly repairs
- Protect against rust and corrosion
- Increase compressor life
What is done during an air conditioning service?
- Inspect your car’s air conditioner, all A/C lines, evaporator and compressor for leaks and wear
- Measure and inject oil, if needed, which will extend compressor life, provide smoother operation, prevent rust and prevent corrosion
- We use a special EPA and USDA accepted product to freshen the A/C and kill mold and fungi
- Complete Engine and Transmission Repairs, CV Axles, Clutches, Shocks and Struts, and Suspensions
- Safety Inspection and Emission Testing and Repairs